Health Science Students in North Carolina
From Class to Clinical: It Doesn’t Just Happen.
Friday, August 5, 2016
McKimmon Conference and Training Center, NCSU
1101 Gorman Street
Raleigh, NC 27606
Registration: 9:00 am
Program: 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Academic and clinical partners from regional NC AHEC consortiums and other interested teams
This one-day continuing education program is designed to assist educators and practice partners in standardizing the processes for health sciences student credentialing, common core orientation and clinical placement in North Carolina.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the Consortium for Clinical Education and Practice’s toolbox items.
- Describe successful implementation of processes for health sciences student credentialing, common core orientation and clinical placement.
- Participate in regional teams to design a plan for implementation of standardizing the processes for health science students.
- Report an overview of regional consortium’s progress and plans for action.
- Delineate regional commonalities and develop ideas for future statewide work.