In eligible practices, an AHEC Consultant with EHR expertise is assigned to your practice at no charge. Through all steps of EHR preparation, selection, implementation and optimization, your AHEC Consultant works onsite with you to:
- Assess your practice’s EHR needs.
- Explore how different EHR systems and features may affect your practice so you better understand implications of selecting an EHR and system features.
- Prepare for the transition to electronic records by helping you evaluate your practice’s current workflows and adapting them as needed.
- Evaluate and select the certified EHR systems that meet your practice’s needs and are equipped to help your practice meet requirements of EHR “meaningful use.”
- Understand the vendor’s requirements for implementing the system you select.
- Establish and follow an EHR implementation plan to help you meet your target “go live” date, avoid common challenges and minimize disruptions.
- Set reasonable expectations for your practice and your staff as you transition to your EHR system.
- Evaluate and adjust new processes in your practice following implementation of your EHR system.
- Analyze your practice’s readiness to apply for HITECH Act “Meaningful Use” Incentive Payments.