The North Carolina Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Program is the federally designated Regional Extension Center (REC) for the state of North Carolina. The REC helps primary care providers select, implement and meaningfully use EHRs to prepare for their work to improve the quality of care and transform into patient centered medical homes.
- Preparing to select, implement and use EHR systems meaningfully.
- Identifying and enhancing workflows to improve the quality and efficiency of care.
- Help improve clinical outcomes for their entire patient population.
- Transform into a patient centered medical home.
- Assisted over 3,300 providers who have gone live on an EHR.
- Supported nearly 2,000 providers who have achieved Meaningful use.
- Coached over 200 practices that have achieved NCQA PCMH recognition.
- Demonstrated improvement in clinical outcomes of patient populations in the areas of Diabetes, Asthma and Hypertension.