MyAHEC is an online service of the North Carolina Area Health Education Centers (NC AHEC) Program, providing personalized services and resources to North Carolina’s health care professionals.
MyAHEC combines resources from the nine NC AHEC regional offices and the Duke AHEC office and makes them available on a single website to a statewide audience. The available resources vary by user and are designed to provide the services and information required by each individual user based on their relationship(s) to NC AHEC.
MyAHEC currently provides services and resources to continuing professional development participants and presenters, students requesting NC AHEC housing, and anyone wishing to receive NC AHEC marketing materials.
Future versions of MyAHEC are planned to support the AHEC-related activities of school or departmental liaisons, NC AHEC preceptors, residents, students, NC AHEC staff, and others.
Who should use MyAHEC?
MyAHEC currently provides online resources to:
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Participants
– Search the NC AHEC calendar for upcoming NC AHEC continuing professional development events.
– Track your completed continuing professional development events using the online CPD Record service.
– Check your registrations for upcoming CPD events and download related documents.
Continuing Professional Development Presenters
– Use the presenter’s CPD Record service to track continuing profession development events at which you have presented.
– View a roster of participants for your CPD classes.
– Upload documents to share with registered participants.
Health Sciences Students
– Request NC AHEC housing for your North Carolina community-based rotation.
– Check the status of your housing requests.
Anyone wishing to receive NC AHEC marketing materials
– Request marketing materials on topics of interest to you.
Do I have to create a MyAHEC account to use the website?
A MyAHEC account is not required to use the website, though many of the site’s features are only available to MyAHEC account holders who are logged in. For example, MyAHEC offers an AHEC continuing professional development calendar that is available to all users and does not require an account. However, the CPD Record feature of MyAHEC is only available to account holders who are logged in.
How do I create a MyAHEC account?
To begin the MyAHEC account creation process, go to the login page and follow the instructions under New Users.