The NC AHEC Nursing Clinical Instructor Partner (CIP) program aims to increase nursing faculty through partnerships between academic nursing programs and practice organizations. This innovative clinical education model prepares qualified RNs to serve as clinical nursing instructors without leaving their clinical role in their practice organization. NC AHEC, NC academic nursing programs, and practice organizations partnered to launch the CIP program.
This program is for RNs with a BSN or higher who want to work as a clinical instructor in an LPN, ADN, or BSN program and stay in their current clinical practice role.
Program Quick Facts
- Ensures essential knowledge and skills to be a clinical instructor.
- Provides a support network of nurse educators and other CIPs.
- Encourages growth and development while enhancing the nursing workforce.
- Taught through online modules, live webinars, and one shadowing experience in a peer cohort.
- Approved by the NC Board of Nursing to meet the 45-hour teaching and learning requirement for new faculty.
Registration and Cost
There is no registration fee for a limited time. In order to register, a participant must be selected by a program partner to attend.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps. Please include your place of work and contact information in your message, and NC AHEC will connect you with your program partner.