On Friday, November 30, 2018, all nine NC AHECs will host eight concurrent conferences for nurses serving rural North Carolina. Two statewide broadcast keynote addresses will link all the regions together. Each AHEC will offer additional live, on-site presentations that focus on regional topics. Nurses will have the opportunity to connect with colleagues in their region.
8 Event Locations – All 9 AHECs!
Click locations to register.
- Cherokee Indian Hospital, Cherokee (Swain & Jackson Counties) – Mountain AHEC
- Blue Ridge Community College, Health Science Center, Hendersonville (Henderson County) – Mountain AHEC
- Isothermal Community College, The Foundation of the Performing Arts Center, Spindale (Polk & Rutherford Counties) – Charlotte AHEC
- Watauga Medical Center Auditorium, Boone (Watauga County) – Northwest AHEC
- Robeson Community College, A.D. Lewis Auditorium, Lumberton (Robeson County) – Southern Regional AHEC
- William F. Andrews Conference Center, Raleigh (Wake County) – Area L, Greensboro & Wake AHECs
- The Education Center at Eastern AHEC, Greenville (Pitt County) – Eastern & South East AHECs
- YMCA at the Pines, Elizabeth City (Pasquotank County) – Eastern AHEC
Statewide broadcast keynote addresses will link all of the regions together, setting the theme for the conference, and additional live presentations at each site will focus on regional topics. Attending nurses may earn CNE contact hours or continuing education credits.
Statewide Keynote Speakers
Ernest Grant, PhD, RN, FAAN
Vice President & President-Elect, American Nurses Association
“Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation”
Connie Mele, MSN, RN, PMHCNS-BC, LCAS, CARN-AP, NE-BC, FIAAN
Consultant & Behavioral Health Therapist
“Building a Culture of Health for Nurses”
Jodi Flick, ACSW, LCSW
Clinical Associate Professor & Education Specialist, UNC-Chapel Hill School of Social Work
“Rural Nursing Can Make a Difference: Preventing Suicide in North Carolina”